Bob Burg shares some behind-the-scenes stories about how and why he wrote his book, The Go-Giver. If you haven’t read his book yet, you need to. It’s a business parable about the concept of giving in order to get.
One of the most important lessons you can learn from his book and this interview is that it’s ok to receive. Giving doesn’t mean you can’t receive. In fact, receptivity is the 5th law in The Five Laws of Stratospheric Success. Even the 2nd law, The Law of Compensation, talks about receiving.
This is something I battle constantly: I have a hard time receiving. Giving comes natural to me, but receiving is a challenge. I have a tendency to give things away for free, or charge less than something is worth. Bob helped me realize that it’s ok to receive. In fact, it’s part of the natural order of things.
What a fantastic interview! Bob Burg truly IS the Go-Giver!
Items Mentioned in this Episode
- Bob Burg
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg
- Endless Referrals, Third Edition by Bob Burg
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth by T. Harv Eker
- Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny by Anthony Robbins
- Risky is the New Safe: The Rules Have Changed… by Randy Gage
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller – Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century by Napoleon Hill
- Think Big: Unleashing Your Potential for Excellence by Ben Carson M.D.
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles
- Peace, Power & Plenty by Orison Swett Marden
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin
- John David Mann
- Bob Proctor
- Melanie Benson Strick
- Jim Palmer
- Randy Pennington
- Go For NO!
- Brian Tracy