Do you struggle with focus as much as I do?! I’m all over the board lately and it’s driving me insane!
The problem with lack of focus, of course, is that a) nothing is getting done quite as well as it could be, b) my attention is spread so thin that things are falling through the cracks, and c) I’m feeling COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED!!! ARGH!!!
This all prompted me to look in the mirror and scream, “FOCUS YOU IDIOT!”
Ok. Deep breath.
I’m back now. Sorry for losing it there for a minute.
Here’s a list of what I’m working on to give you an idea of how hard it’s been to focus:
- Content Marketing – podcast, blog, video, newsletter…weekly
- New Business Energizer Free Seminar
- New Business Energizer Full Day Workshop
- Website Energizer Free Seminar
- Website Energizer Full Day Workshop
- Social Media Done Right Multi-Speaker Conference
- Entrepreneur Summit Multi-Speaker Conference in LA
- Smart Energized Marketing (new, short weekly podcast I’m working on)
- New Business Energizers Community on Facebook
- LeadPagesDoneForYou.com (new service to create and market landing pages for businesses)
- Marketing the Launch Your WordPress Website NOW and Launch Your Business NOW online courses.
That’s a lot of stuff, right?! And those aren’t little projects, either. Many of them are massive undertakings! And they aren’t the only things I’m working on, either!
The Entrepreneur Summit Multi-Speaker Conference in Los Angeles (that’s not the official name) is a huge opportunity for me. Michael Levine, “the publicist for the stars” has offered to speak at my event and help me line up other speakers. All I have to do is… everything else.
I’m really excited about the upcoming Social Media Done Right Conference scheduled for September 2014. I already have three AMAZING speakers lined up who all do social media the right way, and they want to share their secrets with us. You’ll also get to hear me talk about content marketing, and I’ll be the MC of the show. I can’t wait to share this amazingly powerful information with you!
If you’ve put on a workshop before, you know how much work goes into it. And multi-speaker conferences are even more work…mainly because we’re expecting over 200 people for those.
In case you weren’t counting, that’s 4 full day events and several more 1-hour events during the next 6 months! On top of all of my regular weekly activities, like content marketing! Yikes!
Focus has NEVER been more important, but it has never seemed so distant from where I’m standing right now. Assuming I live through the next 6 months, it should be a fun ride.
If you have any advice on focusing, I’m all ears. Post them in the comments below.